Friday, June 14, 2013

Creeping up...

While it feels and looks nothing like summer in New England right now, school is almost out. The kids have exactly one more week left of school. 2nd and 5th grades. Ella will be in middle school. Where or where has the time gone? Next Tuesday is my mom's surgery. The first few weeks of summer are going to consist of taking care of her. It is going to be tough, but we'll make it through. Money is tight as always so we'll be trying to figure out some cheap activities to occupy our time this summer. Weston will be participating in "school camp" for the month of July, so he'll be gone M-Th in the mornings. He also has boy scout day camp and Ella is going to her first year of 4H camp where Lizzie is a counselor. We have made a list of activities we hope to do during this summer, but I think it might be hard to fit it all in. There was a time when I dreaded the kids getting out of school, but for the last two years I have really loved it. No homework, no schedules, no packing lunches. Sure a little more fighting and such, but nothing I can't deal with. :) I cannot wait to enjoy my kids after two years of graduate school. MSW

No comments:

Post a Comment