Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wishes

On Friday, I had planned that the kids and I would go to the Springfield Museums because it was part of a program of Free Fridays. However, Weston woke up at 1:30am vomiting so our plans changed. Brady couldn't come over and I didn't want to drive a long distance just in case Weston got sick again. After a few hours of trying to relax at home (and write some of my last paper), the kids were fighting so badly that I knew I had to get them out of here at all costs. Since we hadn't gone gone to the Sunflowers for Wishes event yet this year, I decided that would be a nice stop. The kids were not thrilled with my wanting to take pictures in the hot sun, but it is what we do every year.
This year they had the cow ride in addition to the hay rides, so we did both. It was all for a good cause.
Then we had ice cream and bought our sunflowers, but by that time Weston was complaining of a headache, so we left and came home to rest up. He was fine after some pain meds. The kids slept over Missy's house on Saturday night because we had a Jack n' Jill to attend. On Sunday we stuck around the house. By Monday, it was time to get them back out again. Weston had a hearing test so we stopped by a Splash Pad and Playground on the way home and had a picnic lunch there. The best part about it was that it was FREE!!!Ofcoarse then Ella convinced me to go school shoe shopping, so we did afterwards and spent some serious cash there, but at least it was money well spent. Yesterday I had the day off, so we went to the pool with Missy and Matt. Then Ella's friend Ava came over last night and the kids played with the neighbors. I'm not sure what our plans are today. It is supposed to rain off and on today which makes it difficult to find cheap or free activities. We may hit the free movie at O'Neil theaters this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment