Friday, July 27, 2012

Taking the time...

It seems as though once again this summer is flying by. In the process, I feel as though I have been devoting a lot of time to doctor's appointments, school work, work, and boring stuff. By the time Tuesday rolled around I could feel myself slipping into a small depression, and I knew that I needed some sun and some fun. I decided that night that Wednesday would be devoted to just having good old fashioned fun, and I was going to get out of the house. I took the kids to the beach. This particular beach has no waves, but lots of stuff to explore from crabs to other sand animals and shells. There is also a small stream that they can ride their boogie boards down. It is a lot of fun for them. Also, the ENT had asked if I was taking Weston to the beach. Now, I can fail at other aspects of his treatment regiment, but how can I fail in this area.
So we played there all day, and just so I didn't feel as though I was wasting my afternoon, I did bring some research studies to read for my power point presentation that was do today. The kids played great together (for most of the time) and really enjoyed themselves. They even got some ice cream from the ice cream man. That is a must. I remember how special that was as a kid.
After the beach we went home to eat some dinner and then back out to the Magic show on the beach! The kids enjoyed some rides and of course some more ice cream (it is summer and the extra calories are great for Weston). The magician was great. I took some pictures of the kids laughing, and realized that this was exactly the sight and sound that I hadn't heard in a while and that I needed it.
Yesterday I had to work and finish that power point. I was all geared up to have another fun filled day today, but Weston woke up at 1:30am and vomited. Sigh. It will have to wait for another day. In good news, one more paper and one more class and summer classes are DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment