Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Three day birthday extravaganza!

Yesterday was Ella's family birthday party. What a long, busy day. I had two papers to turn in, so I had to finish them (can we say procrastination anyone?), then I had to clean the house from top to bottom (thank god it wasn't as horrifying as it can be sometimes), run to get the cupcakes I ordered from Rachel (so worth the money and drive), dropped off three cases of soy milk to my friend Corinne at Dairy Queen (her father gave the kids free ice cream so it was so worth it), stop at Aldi's for some extra bday party supplies, and run out again to get pizza from Dominos (went all the way to Norwich so I could use my buy one, get one coupons). During all of the above, the children were driving me nuts. Last week was a full week of pure bliss with no fighting, crying, whining, etc. Yesterday was the first day with two kids again and it sucked! It wouldn't have been bad if I didn't have so much to do. It is essential to keep these kids busy and entertained. The birthday party itself went very well. We had the grandparents and my sister and Scott. Will and Ben came with Mammy, Poppy, and Aunt Anne. The pizza was good (even thought it was Dominos) and the weather was perfect. It was a great night to eat outside. The boys were so busy playing that they didn't eat. Then it was tie dye time! Ella has been so excited for this part. Only Ella, Brady, and Griffin wanted to tie dye though. Which was fine because it was less work for me. I did succeed in tie dying my hands. Ella tie died her feet. Then we did cupcakes and presents. Ella got a camera, itunes cards, and girly stuff. It was fun, relaxing, and enjoyable. Ella said it was her best birthday ever. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment