Friday, July 13, 2012

Just Beachy!

Today will be the first time this summer we have gone to the beach. I cannot believe it! I am very much looking forward to it after a long, stressful week of doctors appointments, birthday parties, and being on the phone with RI DMV waiting to see if my driving privileges are back (as of Tuesday they weren't). Carina slept over last night, so the kids should have fun. We were planning to go to Misquimicit with Missy and her friends but then I remembered about the driving. Oh well, hopefully they will have just as much fun in CT. Tonight I get to go out with the moms from Weston's pre-school. I am really looking forward to it. This week involved two trips to CCMC. One for CF clinic and the other for a CT scan. CF clinic was an exhausting appointment filled with disappointment. He is in the concerning category for height, weight, and BMI. Plus, his cough was junky and so his PFT's weren't good. There is also a polyp in his nose that justified the CT scan. I really hated CF this week. Summertime gives me a break usually and makes it feel as though CF isn't in our lives, but this just ripped that band aid off again. I can't wait to have fun with them today. We set up a station in Weston's room for his vest. I got him headphones for his Nook and my mom picked him up a chair to sit in. Thursday he really enjoyed it, but last night I couldn't get the darn Nook to charge. I just ordered a new charger online last night. Let us hope that works faster because I thought I had finally figured something out that would get him to do treatments without complaint. Off to the beach!
I called and was cleared to drive in RI, so we ended up going to Misquamicut. It was a blast (other than Katie getting sick and Missy having to leave). The kids really enjoyed it and I forgot how much I loved the beach. I can't wait to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment