Saturday, August 15, 2009

Finally training!

For the past few weeks I have been feeling like the "to-do list" has gotten longer and I have not crossed anything off of it. Since Andy's surgery and Ella's lyme I feel like we have been running all over the place. The dryer situation doesn't help much. Plus, we just got dental insurance a few months back so I have been making up for lost time in their office. It hasn't been all a wash though. We have had some fun times.

Last week:

Monday: Hung around during the morning and cleaned. The kids were well behaved and actually playing nicely together. Then we went to Hopeville to "ride bikes", but Weston decided he was too tired when we got there and did not want to ride bikes. So Ella got one trip around the campground and we had to leave. It was really hot anyway. I promised ice cream to get them to leave. Thankfully I was able to talk them into grocery store bought ice cream because I had to go shopping anyway. Then we went to Kris's pool for an hour swim.

Tuesday: I worked. The kids went to Kris's house and swam.

Wed: Ella had a check up in the morning. Her face is about 90% back to normal. Yah! The doctor said that she should finish the medication (two more weeks) and she'll be fine. Yah. That was a quick appointment too.

Then we came home. Off to the dentist at 12:00, so my sister watched them for an hour. My FINAL cleaning until February. Yeah!!! (I had two cleanings and two cavities filled). I picked up my kids and some of my laundry (thank you Kris) and was able to fit in an appointment to get Weston's hair cut (long over due). Then back home for a few hours. Swim class at 4:45 (threatening rain again), and back home again. Phew!

Thursday: Ali came down with the boys. She wanted to take Ella out on a special date to try and bond with her. They went to see the movie Ice Age 3 and bought some "girly" items at Bath and body works. The boys played here nicely together and Ben fell asleep on the couch. In the afternoon we did a bunch of errands (bank, laundry, food preparation at my parent's house...I don't have a food processor and needed one). Then home again. This night we went to Dairy Queen to get blizzards. Proceeds from this event went to the Children's Miracle Network which Weston's hospital is a part of.

Friday: Work again. I dropped the kids off late at Missy's because she had a dentist appt. and I had to work a little later than usual. Chewbacca (her dog) died the night before. Matt came up to Ella and Weston and said "Guys I have some bad news for you, Chewbacca, died". I had already told Ella this, but I forgot to prepare Weston who is a dog lover. I looked at Weston and said "yes, honey Chewbacca went to live in heaven". Trying to break the news in a better way. Matthew says "No he didn't. He is in the ground over there". Too funny how literal kids can be!

Work was good. Busy day which is always better than being bored. Last night I got home right before dinner, so we ordered pizza. Andy went up to Adam's apartment to celebrate his birthday. I stayed home and relaxed with the kids.

This week I have also been starting a new "tradition" with Ella. She's been pretty clingy lately, so I decided to have special time at night. I take about 10-15 minutes to cuddle with her, talk, and read books. She has a hard time letting me go back downstairs, but I think it is good for her to have this time with me. Especially since Weston gets special time while doing treatments.

Today: Mammy and Poppy came down to take the kids geo-cacthing (sp?). You go out into the woods and find treasure that people place there. It was the kids first time doing it and they loved it. I got to finally start training for the MS bike tour (one of those to-do list things that I haven't gotten to). I biked 17 miles!!! Not bad for my first time. Now I have 55 miles left to go and have to get up the next day to do another 75. Yicks!!! I've done it before, but I was 10 years younger and in a lot better shape. It was a great experience though. The wind on your face. The quiet of the road. The smells of summer!!! I miss, miss, miss this part of single life. I guess I will just have to suck it up and put the kids in the bike stroller and take them to train. The stroller is really too small for them now though and they fight. It's not pleasent to bike up hill while two kids are fighting in the back. So annoying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment