Sunday, August 2, 2009

August already?

Well things have been busy around here, but we haven't been having as much fun. With Andy's surgery, Ella's lyme disease, and all the running around we just haven't been doing as much "fun" stuff. This past week we did find time to go back to the children's museum. Thankfully this time Keri, Emily, and Danny came so I had atleast one adult to talk to and I also went and got the libruary pass, so we got in for FREE!!! Gotta love that. The kids had a blast as always. Ella had a doctor's appt. in Old Saybrook so we went there to be closer to it. After her appt. we went to the mall because it was the Gap's friends and family event. 30% off our favorite jeans!!! Weston was an animal in the mall, but Ella was able to pick out some shoes she loved (jewels on the top, ballet shoes). Then we found a dress to match. The woman working at the gap called her a "little diva" when she heard how particular she was being. I got Ella to agree on one pair of jeans because they have a butterfly design on the back, but she made sure that I knew that she still though jeans were "stupid". Then Andy met us there and we went shopping for adult jeans. Buy three get one free!!! I am now the proud owner of five pairs of jeans!!! Wow, that hasn't happened in years. I almost have a full week of jeans!

After shopping we went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Yummy!!! The kids were exhausted so I was thinking it was going to be an awful experience but it was so wonderful. The food came out quick so they were able to eat fast because they were starving. Our dinner was delicious. It was a great experience. I have to say that while the kids are still horrible in stores, they really have been behaving in restaurants.

The best part of this week though was that Weston has pooped on the potty without any accidents for eight days in a row now!!!! Holy crap I can't believe it! I really was at my wits end with potty training and he just got it this week. He is now putting himself on the potty without having to be brought and fought with. Today he took off his pants and pooped on our lawn. Oh well, not on my floor or in his pants!! I'm so glad he didn't do that yesterday at Darren's picnic though. It was bad enough that he peed off of the second floor porch while people were trying to walk under it. When I saw what was happening I knew immediately that it must be Weston. How embarrasing, but pooping on the lawn would have been much worse!!

Today we went blueberry picking with Keri, emily, and Danny. Then Amy came with Gracyn and we went to the park down the road. Then off to McDonalds for lunch. We came back here and put some hand me down clothes in bins. Then off to buy Weston's reward for pooping for a week straight...a tractor!!! We then went to Nana and Pa's to get some fans and our laundry. In two weeks time our dryer, lawn mover, and air conditioner broke! While getting the fans I found an AC of ours from Warwick. SCORE!!! and it was small enough for me to carry down the stairs and to put in our window since Andy still can't lift anything heavy and neither can my parents!! Sweet!! Oh, and our car broke too (on the way to the dr.'s with Ella) Apparently it was a death trap and would have taken my legs off in a very short time. I just paid more than a mortgage payment to fix that one! Ella does have Lyme disease and they want to put Weston' on overnight G tube feeds. Ugh! It's been quite a couple of weeks, but it's looking up!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...it sounds like you all have busy!! Sorry to hear Ella has lyme disease. Also sorry to hear you had so many things break on you at once. We had a time like that a few years ago. It seemed like everything was tearing up and we were getting more and more into a hole. It finally quit and things got better..but what a pain!! Hope things get all together better quickly!!

    ReplyDelete