Saturday, July 25, 2009

What a day!

Today was quite challenging in many ways and awesome in others. First thing this morning I wake up to find that Weston has yet again pooped on his rug. Ugh!! This is the second day in a row that I have had to shampoo his carpet. New house and his room smells horrible. We need to rip out that carpet as soon as he is potty trained. Then I am busy cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast when Ella yells "Someone pooped all over the rug down here". Seriously!? I went downstairs to find two huge pills of Weston poop. Apparently he had pulled shorts on after his first accident and didn't put on underwear. It's my fault that I didn't check and that I forgot to put him on the potty after breakfast, but the kid is going to be four in Oct. could he go on the potty this century...Please! So now I have to shampoo the WHOLE downstairs rug. When I start cleaning up toys I see that he has also pooped in other places but covered it up with train tracks which is a new trick of his. It doesn't usually work to hide the poop but just gets the train tracks full of it so that I have to throw them out. Ugh! While this is all going on I am also waiting for a phone call from Andy who was getting discharged from the hospital today. I finally get the carpet done just in time for the phone call. Thankfully the children were playing very nicely upstairs together so I was able to get the whole thing done. Before we left I quickly put the dishes in the dish washer and vaccumed our bedroom as well.

So I drop the kids off at my mom's house. Who isn't home, but thankfully my dad was so he took them. I picked Andy up from the hospital, dropped off his med script, dropped him off, and then went to pick up the meds and the kids. That all went fine. Then we came home. I decided to bring the kids to Buttonwoods Farm because they were having their annual Sunflowers for Wishes event which we go to every year and I take pics of the kids in front of the sunflowers. It is only right down the road so I knew Andy would be fine for a few hours.

We went to the event. We got some great shots of the kids in front of the sunflowers, took the hayride through the fields (which Weston loved ofcoarse), and got some ice cream (yummy). It was a great day. The kids were really well behaved and waited patiently. That makes all the difference. Well, a few days back I noticed that Ella's eye was looking weird. The eye lid was droppy and looked like a lazy eye. I had checked it and thought it was a bug bite because there appeared to be a bump on the eye lid. Well three days later it was still there, and with her smiling and squinting in the sun it made it more pronounced. So I was worring about it all day. When I got home and looked at the pictures on the computer I really started to get nervous. So I called my cousin who is a pediatrician because ofcoarse it is Sat. after hours and Sunday my pedi isn't on. Well my cousin wasn't home and wasn't answering her cell phone, so I tried my on call pediatrian. When I explained it to him he wasn't sure what it could be, so he said put a cold compress on it and give her benadryl just in case it is an allergy. I just didn't think that would help and I'm a person who stays calm and cool in these situations but I really was starting to freak out because I knew something was really wrong.

Finally my cousin called me back and by this time I had noticed that in the pictures her smile was crooked too and that is why she looked so weird in all of them. My cousin told me to make her shut both of her eyes, which I did, and I noticed that the eye I thought was the "good" one was not closing all the way (she had been claiming that the "good" eye was itchy too). Then she told me to look at the upper part of her lip and make sure it was in the middle. It wasn't...that too was moved to the side of her face. The eye that has the bells palsy was the eye I thought was the "good" eye! Apparently bells palsy is brought on by many things, but lyme disease could be one of them. I just pulled a tick off of Ella about six weeks ago. So I called the pediatrician back and they are seeing her at 10:30am tomorrow morning. Ugh! What a freakin' day! I didn't even eat dinner I was so stressed out and I'm still not hungry.

I'm hoping everything turns out o.k. tomorrow at the doctors. The sunflowers were a lot of fun today even with the worrying. All the proceeds go to the Make a Wish Foundation...Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment