Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The beach!

Today we got up early, packed a lunch, and our beach toys and went to meet Dianna, Adam, and Carly at the URI beach. We got lost a few times (well took wrong turns), but made it there in a little over an hour. What an awesome beach!!! You can park in a parking lot right on the beach. It is small and so kid friendly. Rocks to walk on, no waves, pretty clear. Perfect! As always Weston brought a huge bin of tractors and shovels. He played mostly with that but got brave and went in with the other children quite often. I was surprised. Ella and Adam instantly started to go off and play. I am always amazed at how quickly they fall back into being the bestest of friends. It's awesome to see. The kids did just about everything. They explored the beach, climbed rocks, swam, build sand castles, etc. The weather was perfect. It was only about 80 degrees which would have been hot inland, but because of the breeze off the ocean it was just right. I did however get a sunburn on my back. It feels good to have been out in the sun all day though. I even went in to the water to my thighs. The water was freezing though. Weston enjoyed me swishing him around in the water though. Oh and the views from this beach. Newport bridge (I think), Jamestown bridge (I think), boats, houses,..awesome! We decided to pack it up at about one o'clock. Dianna was concerned about her kids burning and Carly needed a nap. She had to help me get my car out of the parking lot because someone wedged in back of my car. Oh, and the ice cream man showed up before we left so the kids got ice cream again...lucky dogs!

We traveled home to relax for a while, but before we got here I stopped to get some corn and blueberries at Campbells Stand. When we got home I did a few things around the house like laundry, dishes, and then cooked 1/2 dozen cobs of corn. OMG!!! So delicious!! The kids and I each had two. Yummy!

Then it was off to swim class. I swear three weeks ago I went to swim class with a boy and he has turned into a fish!!! The child who hated to go underwater is now BEGGING to "do it again"!!! I am LOVING it!! He even wore his red sox hat to impress his swim instructor Nate (because Nate wore one last week). Too funny. Ella continues to do great as well. She was going all the way to the bottom of the pool underwater today.

Since it was Pa's birthday we stopped to wish him a happy birthday. We ended up eating dinner over there and having cake and ice cream. Kris, Scott, and Brady stopped by as well.

Another great summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment