Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ella's birthday and today

Yesterday was Ella's "actual" birthday. I took a few hours off from work because I had to teach class at night and Andy also had to work, so I didn't want her to be left to babysitters for the whole day. Ella decided that she wanted to go to the children's museum, so that is where we went. We got there around 11:30 and wow was it packed! The kids had a blast playing. It was a little boring for me at first because I didn't have any other adults to talk to, but we ran into Toni and Sam and ended up staying longer than I was going to (three hours!!!) I was amazed at how well Weston could hammer in a nail at the play tool station! I think he was born to be a working man. The other fun things were the restaurant and the fish market. The kids both enjoyed waiting on me and cooking me food in the restaurant (and some stranger kids too). Weston would have played with the train table the whole entire time if I would have let him. I couldn't supervise both children at once in different areas. Both kids picked out a few toys at the gift shop. I don't know why I am such a sucker for these things. We then went to Burger King for dinner and ate inside (the kids favorite thing to do!!!) On the way home we got stuck in ANOTHER lightning storm and the sun roof to the car wouldn't shut so we had a small leak in a couple areas of the car. Then last night the kids went to my mom's for a few hours while I worked.

Today started off as a lazy day. It started off as another rainy day and then got HOT. We decided to get out of the house around two to run errands and go to the libraury. We went to the Canterbury libruary and played for a while as well as picked out books that are easy for Ella to read. They had a large dinosaur (as big as Weston) that the kids were playing with. While Weston was looking the other way I put it next to him and when he turned to look I said "Roar". He jumped so far. It was hysterical!!! LOL!!

Then we were off to swim class. Yay, the rain held off!!! The kids did SO awesome!! Weston was going under the water all the time. He LOVES his instructor Nate. He didn't even ask to get out once! It was so nice. Ella did great and learned how to use "pizza arms" (her arms in a triangle) under water. It's so great to see them blossom, learn, and be happy. I especially like sitting on the sidelines!!

Then we were off to Ella's t-ball pizza party. It was supposed to start at 5:00 at Lisbon Meadows Park and I knew we were going to be late. When we got there at 5:30pm no cars were to be found so we left. I am still unaware if we missed it or not. Hmmmm....

I took the kids to Slater Libruary after that to play the summer reading game. Both kids got two prizes and a book which they love. Weston didn't get to pick any prizes last time so he was happy. They also love to play with the puppets and pretend to put on puppet shows. I wish I could go hide out in the upstairs adult section among the books, but oh well! :)

Now we are home and the kids are in bed. Tomorrow is an early day because we have to go to Ali and Dave's house to watch the boys because they have meme's funeral to go to. I'm sure the kids will have a blast there.

Another successful day of staying sane with two crazy kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment