Monday, July 6, 2009

exhausted!

What a busy but awesome weekend we had!!! You just have to love summer, warm weather, picnics, good food, and family...so refreshing! It started of on Saturday...the fourth of July! We went to Lisa and Scott's picnic. It was a graduation party for Jacob and a 16th birthday party for Thomas combined. At first I really didn't feel like going, but it ended up being a nice time. They created an adult slip and slide with a case of AJAX soap...OMG! I really didn't want Weston to go down it because it looked like there were a lot of rocks and people were getting soap in their eyes, but he really wanted to so I let him. He had a blast!! Usually he is the cautious kid, but he got right in there and slid down on his belly. He was so tiny that it acted like a waterslide and he went so fast. It was so cute to watch him. Ella had gone with Kris and Brady to their house to go swimming. I had a fun time chatting with Missy and Courtney Smiley. It was a good day. We left to come home to get ready for Ella's birthday party and see if we could locate Molly who went missing that morning.

Sunday was Ella's princess/ballerina/cars party...OH Vey! Good news was that the house was already nice and clean and I had already done some of the cooking. I am trying to go low maintanence with my birthday parties now. I am all about the deli meat and sandwiches that you can put out before the party starts and be done with the food! While setting up for the party Missy Berry's brother and his wife came by and told us they saw a sign a few houses down that read "Found dog" and there was a German Shepard in the yard. Molly!!! So I took off down the road and sure enough there she was making her a new home! The people brought her to a picnic and then were about to take her to another picnic. They bought her food and treats. I almost felt bad taking her home! She didn't want to come home anyway because she was trying to get in their car.

So anyway Molly made the day. Ella's friends showed up along with the family. It was so adorable to see little girls running around with princess costumes on! We had a pinata which was just crazy because the kids were running for candy and there were SO many kids! Not enough candy apparently. The girls made necklaces out of beads, the boys played baseball. I had Danay make the cake so I could take that off my list (anything to make it easier). Ella got a boat load of presents. It was a good party. Then I had told her that her cousins could sleep over, so last night Nathan, Neely, and Megan stayed over. Katie and Matt made it to 10:00pm and then went home. I am so tired!!!

Today we woke up and the kids hung out for a few hours before Missy came and picked them up. Then Weston went down for a nap at 10:30am (so tired). I had to wake him up at 12:30 to eat and go to the dentist for a cavity filling. The dentist wasn't able to get it though without risking traumatizing him, so we have to make an appointment for the children's dental association. Ugh! Afterwards though we did some errands and then went to Hopeville Park to take Ella and Weston biking and practice Ella's new roller skates out. The kids did great biking. Ella was really frustrated with the skates and Weston was going to far ahead that it was making me nervous, so we decided to walk the wooden paths to the beach. Now I am extra tired because I had to carry Weston some of the way.

When we got back to the car I decided to take the kids to Buttonwoods Farm. Weston's favorite part of the day was seeing the tractor bailing the hay. We had some yummy ice cream and came home for the evening. I really need to go to bed because I am (again) exhausted and have a splitting headache!

Another great three days. Tomorrow we are off to the Children's Museum for Ella's "real" birthday. It is supposed to rain again but atleast we had three really nice days. Summer!!! LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment