Tuesday, July 14, 2009

sicko

This past Saturday was supposed to be a run around kind of day. We had lots of things to do. Weston woke me up around 4:30am with a fever though and didn't go back to sleep. He was very liabile until I got some motrin in him. We had already RSVP'd to Ella's friend Kyle's birthday party though and I knew Ella would be disappointed if we didn't go. Plus my mom had already said she would watch Weston for me and bring him to our second party, Taylor's graduation party.

Kyle had a party at skate-Inn. I brought my roller blades thinking I was going to have to skate with Ella. On the way there though I was very apprehensive about it. I think it has been seven or more years since I was on skates!! Thankfully I had the time of the party wrong and we got there a half hour early. So I strapped on Ella's new skates on her feet and my rollerblades on mine and we practiced. I didn't do all that bad, but I could tell we would have taken each other out if I had to skate with Ella. Thankfully she learned quickly and was able to skate on her own. I took off my skates when the parents arrived and didn't have to put them on after that at all. Phew...crisis averted!

Then we went to Taylor's graduation party. It was actually kind of nice. I new a few people there (other mom's from the school) and was able to talk to them. They had a DJ which made it a little difficult to hear anything. We stayed for a few hours. Weston still wasn't feeling well, but was able to enjoy himself anyway. We decided to skip the tractor race that Jake invited us to and the fireworks at Dorothy's house because Weston wasn't feeling well.

Sunday was a lay back kind of day. Weston's fever was gone but he started complaining about mouth pain. I looked and sure enough he had mouth sores. I assumed it was hand, foot, and mouth. I don't think we did much of anything this day. The kids played outside with Ella's barbies and Weston's tractors (I love when they play so nicely together). I had a pedicure (Love it) while Andy watched them. Oh, and we took Molly for a walk (the kids and I) what an adventure. I was so worried about her pulling the kids or getting in a fight with another dog that it really wasn't enjoyable at all!!! Molly and the kids did enjoy it though so I guess that is all that matters. Plus, it was exercise!

Monday, Weston seemed to be feeling much better. I did let him have soy ice cream for breakfast but he wasn't complaining about his mouth at all. So we went and bought bikes (I was only going to buy Weston a new one because he has really outgrown his tricycle, but Ella put out the water works and I couldn't say no). So they got bikes and we went to Hopeville to ride them. Weston fell twice and each time he said "I didn't want this bike" because he was so discouraged. Ella could have rode all day, but Weston was done half way through the second ride around the campground, so we packed up the bikes and made our way to the beach part. Ella went right in the pond and made a friend with a little girl named Grace. Weston stayed on the shore and ate lunch (priorities) and then played with his tractors and sand toys. He didn't go in the water much which is typical for him. Ella pretty much stayed in the whole time which is typical for her. It was a little chilly when the sun went in especially because the kids were wet. The kids then got ice cream from the ice cream truck that parks itself in the parking lot for a few hours. By this time I was starting to get a headache and become really bored. I should have brought a book, but then again Ella made me nervous out in the pond so I had to keep my eye on her at all times. I got Ella out of the pond and Weston was ready to go. When I got home I realized how tired I was and how bad this headache was getting. By the time 4:00pm rolled around I was in pain and nautious. Weston was crying to be picked up and when I did he fell aleep in my arms instantly. That is how the rest of the day went. All I could do was close my eyes and lay there. Thankfully Andy got out of work to come home and watch the kids. It was awful.

Today I worked ALL day. Which was kind of nice. I like to enjoy the kids, but it was nice to have all that time without them. Perspective! No headaches today..thank god. Weston's mouth seems to be much better, but then again I didn't have any time with him today.

Tomorrow hopefully the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment