Sunday, August 29, 2010

The End!

Well here we are at the end of August already. Ever year you know it goes by way too quickly and you want to savor the sun, the heat, the leaves on the trees, and the outdoor adventures....but Autumn comes too soon. School starts tomorrow. My baby gets on a big boy bus without me and makes his first step in gaining his independence from me. I am going to bawl my eyes out. I already know it. However, I am very excited about having three days of free time. I'll have about three hours each day. WOW!!! Oh the possibilities. How do I fit everything in to that time? I will have to make a list of projects and then get back on an exercise program. So the first day will be filled with crying. It is inevitable. I will grieve his infancy, I will celebrate his moving on, I will wish that time could stand still for just a few minutes at least, I will think about his future and what it holds (good and bad), I will be happy for him and happy for me. So many emotions will come out when I am crying over my baby growing up tomorrow. Then on Wednesday I will be ready to conquer the peace and quiet! :)

What a summer we had though. This past week has been filled with school orientations and getting prepared for this week. Plus, we had to save some money after that awesome vacation we had!!! It was sort of nice to hang back and just clean and have the kids relax and watch TV. I think they needed that.

Did I ever write about our last day in N.H.? I don't think that I did. We went to Santa's Village which my husband claimed that he remembered that it sucked. He was proven wrong when we got there. I love, love, love that place. I am not a huge Disney Character person but Santa Claus? He is my guy!!! We actually didn't get to see him though. My favorite is the reindeer though. Feeding them....magical to me! Obviously I am a huge dog fan (btw, Mack looks like a deer) and something about animals that is so calming. (when they aren't tearing your house apart) The reindeer are always my favorite part of the Christmas characters. We all went on the sleigh ride and got the most amazing picture of our family. It was finally one where everyone was looking at the camera and smiling and the kids hid me so I didn't look as overweight! LOL! The kids had a blast and went on this water park thing (although it was a little to chilly for it). There was water slides for little kids and medium kids and every 10 minutes or so the bucket on top let go and dumped water over everything. The loved it! Both were crying when we left because Ella didn't get to go on all the rides she wanted to and Weston saw a tractor in the gift shop on the way out that he wanted (good marketing for Santa's village to make you leave out a gift shop!)and he had already gotten a toy. They were exhausted and had an awesome time. Andy and I decided to leave that night so we could have all day Sunday to unpack. It was a long ride home, but we made it!

What an amazing vacation. My husband actually enjoyed himself and admitted that after Weston was born he buried his head in the sand and told himself that by working all the time he was providing for the family when really he was just avoiding CF. He really was able to let his work and stress go and enjoy the kids. He said he finally got to know them over that vacation and that they were really awesome people. It was great for me as well. I had some help with the kids and someone else to enjoy them with. I honestly was wondering at the beginning of summer if after the kids were all grown up if my husband and I were going to have anything in common. This proved that we can still have fun and he can do things other than work hard. I feel very very blessed to have been able to have such a great vacation!

I want to make a correction. Weston called his hood a "lid" not a "top". Some other cute things they are doing. Ella is thinking that "I dare you to" will work on me when I tell her "no" about something. Like I am going to succumb to peer pressure! Weston was chasing the dog around with his symbols the other day and he said "Mom, I think if I stop playing instruments in front of Mack than he won't be afraid of me anymore". Then he thought "Well maybe I could still play the piano because that isn't too lousy (Lousy is the word he used for noisy)." Then he told me that he and Mack had a situation in his room where he was trying to figure out why Mack didn't like music. LOL! Poor dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment