Monday, August 2, 2010

August already!

Well here we are August 2nd! Seriously?! 29 more days of summer vacation for the kids. Who is counting? LOL! I am torn. Part of me can't wait for them to go back so I have some time during the day to get things done and so I don't have to constantly entertain them, but these past two summers I have really made a great effort to enjoy them and our summer. I do enjoy going out and exploring with them. I also enjoy the weather, the beach, and all the summer activities. Fall activities are nice too, but fall is short and soon winter will be upon us again...wow that is depressing! We should take up skiing or snow mobiling so that we have something other than Christmas to look forward too. LOL!

Friday, I dropped Ella off at Rec and Weston and I went school shopping. The Children's Place was having a sale on denim jeans for $10. Weston was mostly interested in the accessories such as a belt, a hat, and shoes. He picked out some cute things though and is wearing his belt every day. Then we came home and I paid bills and tried to straighten out our health insurance situation. Ella had a fun time at Rec because it was pajama day! She had been waiting all year for the school to have a pajama day so she was very happy. We hung around for the rest of the day.

Saturday, I had the idea to go to the sunflower maze at Lyman Orchards. I had heard about it from Weston's daycare provider, Miss kathy. Since we didn't take our traditional pictures at the Sunflowers for wishes and because I LOVE sunflowers I thought it would be a great event. Plus a $1 for every ticket bought went to the pediatric cancer center at CCMC. I am always a sucker for a good cause. So we made the long trip up there. It took about 1 hour 15 min. It was a nice drive though since I got back my 90's on 9 (satelite radio) last week. Yippee!!! Well worth the money!

The maze was cute and beautiful. It was shaped like a turtle and had different turtle facts at every post with a card that asked questions and gave clues on how to get to the next post. Ella had a blast, Weston was wilting in the sun after running for the first 10 minutes. I just enjoyed the moment and the beauty. Afterwards we were able to look out over the field of sunflowers to take some pictures. Then we got some Kettle corn that they were selling. I was the only one who liked it, but it was yummy! The kids wanted to pick apples and blueberries. At first I thought it was way too early for apples, but apparently not! It felt weird to be picking apples in August...as well as going through a maze that is usually saved for the corn maze. It sort of felt like we were rushing fall. Plus it was cooler this weekend. Still high 70's but not 90's and humid like it has been, so it was perfect weather. Then we did blueberries. It was a fun little outing.

Afterwards the GPS took us a different way. The same amount of time, so now I know two ways to get there and a saw a part of the state I have never seen before. I always love an adventure. We ate at McDonalds and I let the kids play on the playscape. Then we picked up tile for Andy since we were closer to the store than he was and he was in the middle of working. After that we went to get Ella fitted for her Cheerleading outfit!!! Yippee!!! I am so excited and a little nervous that she won't like it. I know, I know, I am so living my childhood through her and I need her to make her own mind about what she wants to do, but cheerleading is my passion!!! Plus, I just spent some serious money on her shoes, bloomers, and bodysuit so hopefully she'll stick with it. After we got done with that we went to visit Andy at the job site. He is trying to finish this house so he can go on vacation without any distractions. He has been gone all week and weekend though. The kids are starting to miss him badly.

Sunday was a relax day. I am trying to save some serious money for our New Hampshire trip, so while I was going to go to Sun and Fun day at their swim school I decided to that grocery shopping and saving money won out so that is what we did. I visited my parents in the afternoon since the kids asked to. They have fun playing outside there on their bikes and the swing set. Then Andy came home so we did too. The neighbor's children were out playing so Ella and Weston played with them for the rest of the evening.

Today we will probably make a stop at the library and Ella has her first cheerleading practice tonight. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment