Saturday, August 21, 2010

Still having a blast!

It is Saturday already!! We have been here for a week already and this is our last full day. It is bitter sweet because we have had so much fun and it has been really nice having Andy around. He's really been an awesome dad /husband this week. Thursday he took the kids fishing in the river by the campsite for two hours. I got to relax and read my Sookie Stackhouse books...which I just finished the last one last night. :(

Yesterday we also went fishing but at a different spot. The kids love it. I brought my book. It is nice to see Andy get time with the kids. then we went to Franconia Notch and walked to the Basin which is a "pot hole" in the rocks. This place is so breathtakingly beautiful. the Kidd loved playing in the clear spring water. After warning Weston many times not to jump, he slipped and fell in the water! He was crying for a bit until he saw that an older boy had also fallen in. We walked back to the car and changed. Then we drove to the flume gorge. this one was a two mile walk and we wouldn't have had enough time to hike it, but the kids really wanted to go to the gift shop so we did. Andy got a hat and a book, a got a jacket, and the kids got stuffed animals. Weston named his dog Bones and Ella named her bear Honey. By then it was time to come back to the campsite for dinner. The kids played, we read....relaxing! It is cold up here though. It warms up between 2-4pm, but the rest of the time is Jean weather.

Yesterday Weston came into our bed after he woke up and asked me for something to eat. I asked him what he wanted and after he told me he said "but can you shower first?" This was an odd request because usually he has no patience when it comes to food. I sake him why and he said " because you kind of stink" I guess my breath was really bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment