Thursday, August 19, 2010

Okay, were did I leave off? Saturday? We got here. The kids played. We set up. I think that was pretty much it other than dinner and roasting marshmallows. I forgot to mention that on the way up here I was pointing out the mountains to Ella. I was surprised when she wasn't more impressed by them since she is such a nature kid. When I pointed them out again she said "Mom, they look like trees to me!" Ha ha. I explained that there were trees on the mountains. Then when I pointed out mountains with rock on the top she said "Now those look like mountains because they are white on top." Apparently she has only seen pictures of snow caped mountains and green ones didn't resemble mountains to her. I love when you see something from a kid's point of view.

Sunday,we were going to hang out and relax which we did for a while, but then we wanted to do a little exploring so Andy found a place that did some adventure four wheeling up the side of a mountain!! Woohoo adventure! So the four of us went to Lincoln, NH to Alpine adventures and got into a special truck/bus thing that went up a mountain and did some extreme four wheeling. It was a lot of fun. Everyone appreciated it except for Weston who looked at us during the ride and said "Why did you guys pick this?" with this look of pure fear in his eyes. I really though he would be okay with it since it was like a hayride...sort of?! He isn't the rough and tumble person like the rest of us are. He was a good sport about it though and didn't cry, whine, or complain. He liked it when I put my arms around him and made him feel so secure. Ofcoarse I may have gotten a few more bruises because of it. :) Afterwards we went out to eat. By then Weston had pretty much had enough and was very whiney. We didn't get a nice peaceful sit down dinner, but he was able to make it through till we got in the car.

Monday since it was supposed to rain we decided to go to Clark's trading post since they had some inside exhibits. Also, we owed Weston a train ride since that is what he really wanted to do the night before. This day was also a lot of fun. We saw a bear show, a acrobat show, Ella got to climb a rock wall, Andy got to go on a segway tour, and Weston got to ride the train twice! The train brings you over a covered bridge into "Wolfman's territory" where a guy pretends to be wolfman and sets off fireworks trying to get you off his land. Ella was afraid of this guy and Weston was not. Weston also came up with a new name for hoods on a sweatshirt on this day. We got out of the car and he said "looks like we have to put our tops on". LOL! Love that kid! Andy had a lot of fun at this place as did the kids. Weston was most excited about a digger on the play ground. Ella always enjoys the rock wall. My favorite was the bear show. There was a baby cub whose name was Tula. She was so adorable. The older bear swang from a swing and Tula took a ride on a scooter. It was a good show. I couldn't believe how much time we spent there because it really didn't seem to have a lot of things to do, but we were there for probably 4-5 hours. It was really well kept too.

On Tuesday Andy and I had a taste of adventure and wanted some more. I had my sights set on the zip lines. The one at Alpine Adventures only had ones that kids couldn't participate in and it took two hours. There was no way for Andy and I to do it without doing it sepetarly and it was expensive. Luckily, we came across Loon Mountain that had zip lines, rock walls, pony rides, mountain biking, a gondala ride, and a euro bouncer for a package deal. We knew most of it Weston wasn't going to be interested in but Ella was able to do the zip lines which she wanted to do. No fear that one! So we went. First of the agenda was zip lines. Ella went first! I couldn't believe she went off first. It was about 35 feet off the ground! She hesitated a little, but she jumped off! Then it was my turn. I am not a huge fan of heights but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I went slowly off the platform. As soon as I felt my body supported by the harness I was okay. It was an awesome ride. We got to go across and back over 700 feet across a river. Pure awesomeness! Ella loved it to. Then we did the gondola ride up the mountain. Weston enjoyed this except that he wouldn't let us stay at the top of the mountain. We were able to look around a little and there was a look out tower up there were you could see for miles all the mountains. It is so breathtakingly beautiful up here!

Afterwards we went back down the gondola ride and off to the "pony" rides. I say "pony" because they were really horses. Weston loved this part and was a little impatient to get on. The woman who gave him the ride said "This kid has no fear" so apparently when it comes to animals Weston isn't afraid. Ella also liked it. Weston said he was just disappointed that they didn't go all the way up the mountain with the horse.

The rest of this day consisted of Ella climbing a 35 foot rock wall!!!! I can't believe this child she's only seven! Andy also enjoyed climbing. I made a total idiot out of myself, but I had fun to and would have tried again if I didn't have to wait in line. Weston tried the euro bounce (trampoline) but didn't like it. He really doesn't like feeling out of control. I give him credit for trying. Plus he was getting tired at this time. Andy did the zip line also and Ella did the euro bounce a few times. She ofcoarse LOVED it! Weston enjoyed the swingset they had there. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment