Friday, July 30, 2010

Virus be gone!

This will be day three of the kids feeling better....knock on wood. This darn virus appears to be gone and then comes back to attack them, so I am proceeding with caution! Monday we stayed around because they weren't feeling well. Ella happened to look at the calendar and she saw that I had written the library was having the mystic aquarium touch tank that day, so we did venture out for that. I NEEDED to get out! The whole day I had been attached to this computer. I would clean a little and then find myself back on here checking out facebook or my e-mail. I could literally feel my brain cells dying! Something about being STUCK here all day makes me not want to clean at all. The more we are around, the messier the house becomes. I am just that type of person who needs to be out doing something.

Tuesday it was off to work. The kids went to my sisters house. Weston had a rough day. He was apparently exhausted or still sick and wouldn't stop crying for her. Then he fell off the bed which made it worse. She was able to calm him down and he fell asleep. Ofcoarse hearing him sob on the phone while I was at work just broke my heart. Normally I would have left, but I was in a training and well I always leave for things like this and sometimes work and my own sanity needs to come first.

Wednesday we went to East Matunuck beach in Rhode Island with Erica, her kids, and Toni and Sam. I decided to meet them there just in case the kids were still not feeling well, but other than a 10 min. period of Weston complaining about side pain they were fine. Ella got to boogie board and her and Emma spent hours just jumping the waves. Weston was even in the water jumping them by himself. It always amazes me how he has no problem just playing all by himself. Ofcoarse he did follow Nick around most of the day. He is a little obsessed with him. Nick said that if he had a fan club Weston would be president. LOL! Emma brought a Barbie pool that Weston really enjoyed too. Then all the kids flocked to a little pool of water when the tide went out. They looked like a flock of African birds next to a pond. LOL! It was SO nice to get out of the house, be at the beach, and enjoy adult conversation!!! I love those days!

Thursday was another work day. Yippee! LOL! Weston went to Miss Kathy's again and they went to a playground down the road. Next week they are supposed to be going to a slash park in Colchester. Weston will love that! I just LOVE that she takes them places. Ella went to Rec and had a less than fantastic time since apparently some girl stole her ice cream money and another child threw a dodge ball right at her face twice. Both kids apparently got time-outs, but Ella's story also changed a little so who knows what the truth was. :) Ella told Weston that he shouldn't be friends with the boy who kicked the ball in her face (Weston and this boy went to pre-k together) and Weston said "He doesn't do that to me." and then he said "Ella I am sure his mom tells him not to do that". I just thought that was so funny! Kids perspective on different situations.

Today Ella wants to go to Rec again since it is pajama and stuffed animal day. She has been looking forward to pajama day all school year and they never had one, so this was huge. I am looking forward to five hours with just Weston to get some stuff done around here. That would mean I HAVE to stay off of this computer though! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment