Saturday, July 3, 2010

Week 2...going strong

I have to admit that I was happy to go to work this week. LOL! We attempted to stay at home for short periods of time so I could get things done around here and it just didn't go well. My kids need to be busy or else they fight and drive me crazy. Tuesday night I picked them up from my sister's house after work and went to my parents house because Andy was working late and I knew they were going to be fighting at home. They play nicely there and are entertained. Plus I get some adult conversation which is important!

Wednesday we hung around in the morning and I got some cleaning done. There is nothing like coming home from a busy day and having your house already clean. I hate coming home to chaos! Then we went and did some letterboxing in Pachaug Cemetry. We found three of the five. I think I needed a compass for the other two. Walking around a cemetry is spooky in one sense, but really interesting in another. There were gravestones dating back to the 1700's. I didn't realize that it was that old! I saw a monument that said 'civil war veteran'. Crazy! We also brought the puppy. I think Mack is getting annoyed that we are gone all the time and he is acting up by chewing things and being crazy when we get home.

We were going to go to Hopeville and have the kids ride bikes afterwards, but Weston wanted me to bike them there and Ella wanted to go and ride bikes, and I just wanted to do something different than walk around after my kids. So we decided to go to Mystic and go on the boat taxi down the river. The kids liked the idea of the boat and I liked the idea of the tour. Plus it wasn't that expensive and a few weeks ago Weston said that this summer he wanted to go on a boat. He did mention it being a BIG boat, but well you can't win them all! So we went to Mystic. We took the boat and got to go under the drawbridge! The kids are fascinated by that bridge so it was cool for them. Half way through the 40 min. boat ride the kids started to get antsy because it was a little chilly with the wind. They were able to maintain themselves till the end of the ride though and enjoyed it. We then got Drawbridge ice cream....yummy!!! I think Weston got more on his body than in his mouth though.

It was than off to swim class!!! Again, the kids did wonderfully. After they got out a man came up to me and said "Is this your Creon?" First of all, no one but other people who are affected by CF would know what Creon is. So I looked at him and he said "Hi, I'm Mike and I have CF". Apparently he had heard that Weston had CF too from someone there. It wouldn't be hard to figure it out since his G tube is exposed. Apparently he walks at the NL site with us. Small world!

Wednesday was the day that Eclipse was released in movie theaters so I got a night out with my friends. Yippee! It was so fun and I really feel sort of drunk with happiness afterwards.

Thursday was Ella's first day of Rec. Weston went to Miss Kathy's again and I went to work. After a morning of running around so that my dad could see where to drop Ella and Weston off, I got to work and my computer went dead after about 10 minutes in use! Oh vey! So I left and came home to work. Thursday evening I also spent some time at my parents house when I picked Ella up for the same reasons. Ella had a blast at Rec. She didn't play any of the sports, but did some arts and crafts and went out for "recess" three times. Plus the ice cream man comes and that was the highlight of her day. She knew some friends there from the bus as well as Weston's friend Rileigh so she was comfortable.

Friday we went to Misquamicut again. This time we met Missy, Joe, and the kids there for Missy's birthday. Missy's friends were there as well. The kids were whiny at first because there cousins weren't there to play with yet, but as soon as the others arrived they had a great time. Matt and Ella pair up all the time and were playing so nicely. Weston sort of played by himself for most of the time, but did play with Matt when Ella went into the ocean to play with the older kids. Plus, my friend Heather from high school was walking the beach with her daughter Ellie who Weston met at Miss Kathy's last week so they played for a little bit. I saw Ellie asking Weston what his g tube was. Funny how kids are so curious and have no problem asking. Weston also has no problem explaining it. Miss Kathy had read a story about differences the day before and every one had to share what is different about them. Weston said "I have Cystic Fibrosis and a g tube" as he flashed everyone his belly. I am glad that so far he isn't self concious about it. That is what I am hoping for as he grows up and kids get mean. Yesterday was great for me because I had adult companionship. I realized this week that it was time to start planning play dates so I have other adults. Next week Ella is in camp and on Wednesday Weston and I will be going to Davis Farm in Massachusetts with his friends from pre-k and there moms. The week after that we have a play date with Dianna, Adam and Carly so that will be good.

Today is July 3rd! We'll be going to a parade in Canterbury this morning. We don't have big fourth of July plans this year. I wish we had a family picnic to go to where the kids could run off and play with other kids, but oh well. Big picnics aren't in anyones budget these days. Happy Independence day!

No comments:

Post a Comment