Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Birthday party time!

Ella ended camp last week which she was very sad about. I am hoping to try and afford another week at the end of the month. It is good for her and good for me because I got to catch up on some house cleaning and such. I just loved seeing the smile on her face every evening when she came home and hearing about all the fun things they did. It was sort of like living childhood through her eyes again.

The kids went over Mammy and Poppy's house on Saturday and stayed the night. This is always a great break for me. I am now into reading the Sookie Stackhouse series and it was so nice to have peace, quiet, and no interruptions. Well, I did have to go grocery shopping that was an interuption. I can't complain about being able to go grocery shopping without my kids though. That is always far more enjoyable. Andy and I went to Providence Place Mall that night and ate out a Pizzeria Uno. Yummy. It was nice to get out together. We are planning a camping trip to maybe New Hampshire in August. We are thinking of borrowing his parents camper so it will be affordable. The kids will have a blast and so will I. I love NH. I think it is because that is where my favorite vacation was as a child. I love that my husband is getting interested in outdoor activities as well. Yippee!!

Sunday the kids came back early and then it was off to Chuck E. Cheeses for Ella's birthday party! How awesome that I got there when the birthday started (instead of before to set up) and was able to enjoy and mingle while the waitress did EVERYTHING including cutting the cake. What a treat! All I had to do was pass out tokens and make sure Weston was getting his enzymes. So well worth the money, and really it would have cost me more to have the outdoor backyard party we usually do. Thankfully we didn't because WOW are we still in a heat wave. Ella had a great party. I think she was a little afraid of Chuck E., but she'll never admit it. She loved that she got a special crown and metal, but hated being the center of attention. We just relaxed for the rest of the day.

Yesterday was another beach day!!! We went to URI beach with Dianna, Adam, and Carly. The kids had a blast playing and Ella got to use her new boogie board that she got for her birthday. I got adult conversation!!! I just love adult conversation. :) It was nice to see them since we don't get the opportunity often enough. Ella and Adam always fall right back into being friends. It is nice to see. Ofcoarse I packed up lunch, snacks, and drinks and I left them on the table at home!!! Damn kids were fighting while we were getting in the car and I forgot to go back for those bags. This meant we had to leave early since I had to get food into Weston. He is looking so skinny that it is truely frightening me. We have CF clinic on Wednesday which I am dreading. We were lucky that Dianna let us share some of the food she brought, but he wasn't into sitting and eating when there were better things to do with his time. As we were leaving some lady found a starfish!! It was so cool. The kids picked it up and made sure it was watered.

After a stop at Mcdonalds on the way home (so much for trying to save money, but atleast he got the cals), we went to the library and played the summer reading game. The kids got lots of prizes! They let me off the hook and I didn't have to pay for the book that the dog ate! LOL! They think I am just a crazy person at that place. Late fees, lost books, returned books that weren't theirs but had been the book I misplaced, and now one that the dog ate. Seriously! I think I provide them with comic relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment