Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

My baby girl turned seven yesterday. Seven! I'll say it every year...where does time go? I am going to blink and she'll be 17. Ugh! She has been in girl scout camp this whole week and lovin' it! She asked today if she could go next week too. I so wish I could afford to send her every week because it is totally worth the smile that she comes home with. Okay, and the peace and quiet when she is gone. LOL!!

So for Ella's birthday she went to camp which she was happy about but sort of wanted to stay home on her birthday. I told her that maybe they would do something special and so she was happy to go. I did feel a little mommy guilt shipping her off on her birthday, but she was having so much fun. The whole bus sang "Happy Birthday" to her on the way up and the way back. Plus they sang to her at opening ceremony in the morning (the whole camp) and another time during her small group time. Ofcoarse she loved this! She also had to miss swim class on her birthday. I thought she was going to have major issues with this, but she just said her usual "no fair" and moved on. I think she is having so much fun at camp that it really doesn't matter. I did pick her up from the bus that day and brought her back her for a impromptu birthday party with family. Andy's mom couldn't go to the chuck e. cheese party planned for Sunday so this worked out nicely since Ella still doesn't quite understand why her birthday party isn't on her 'actual' birthday. Adam was down this week again to work with Andy and my parents came as well as Ali, Dave, and the boys. It was a good time. We had pizza, cake, and presents. Ella got so many clothes and gave us all a fashion show of the new wardrobe. You should have seen the look on her face while she was showing off all her outfits. The girl loves her clothes! Today she was able to go to camp with a new backpack, two new outfits (one to wear, one to bring), a new bathing suit, a new beach towel, and a new wallet. Almost everything was new! Lucky girl. Lucky mommy too since it is all stuff that I would have had to buy. LOL! She was very happy with her party and said it was the best birthday she has ever had!

Weston and I have just been hanging out around the house cleaning. It has been kind of nice. He likes to just chill and play quietly. It was nice to have a break from the running around for me. I do kind of miss our fun outings, but sometimes you need a little break. I am currently awaiting the Sookie Stackhouse book series though and I can't wait to get a chance to read them. Plus, we do have to get back to the library soon. Maybe Saturday.

Weston went and hung out with my dad today. Yesterday he told me "I only know one person who is REALLY old and not dead. It's Pa (my dad)." Poor dad, but that is hysterical to me considering that my dad isn't the oldest person he knows or that much older than my mom. LOL! Weston is doing wonderful in swim class. He is swimming underwater and it is wonderful.

In other great news, Mack finally listened to me today during one of his "freak outs". I tried to pull him away from the window when he was going crazy at a woman who was walking up and down, up and down, up and down our road. I kept saying "leave it" and tried to pull his attention away from the window. Then he snapped at me and did touch my arm with his mouth, and I said "NO!" He looked at me, sat down, and bowed his head like he was so ashamed. I couldn't believe it! After that everytime he started to bark I have said "NO!" and he stops!!! This could be a huge break through!

No comments:

Post a Comment