Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July

Wow, what a weekend! I just love the fourth of July. Thank the heavens our forefathers decided to declare independence in July, huh? Saturday we went to the parade. I got Ella all snazzed out in her fourth of July outfit which she didn't like (apparently our colors should be pink and purple), but boy did she look so adorable. Weston wore a red sox shirt. It works out that our favorite baseball team has the same colors as our nation! :) The parade was pretty long. No marching bands (which are my mom's favorite), but plenty of tractors for Weston and candy thrown for Ella. Ella kept stuffing them in the pockets of her skirt, and when she couldn't fit anymore she held onto them for dear life. That girl hates to share anything and she was so afraid that I was going to steal her candy. Which I totally would have! LOL! Weston was running for the candy too. He was faster than the rest. Which is saying a lot considering how slow that child is. He was So excited about the tractors! There were a lot of politicians too. Apparently it is a voting year?! It was just a great time sitting with family and celebrating the birth of our nation. LOVE IT!

Then we went to my parents house and had lunch there. Outside! The kids played for a little while and then we went home because Andy was going to be home for a few hours. We hung out in the house and then left for the Crossley's house. The kids had a lot of fun here as well playing with the kids, running through the sprinkler, and riding bikes. I got to have some adult conversation with another mom. It was good. Then as we were leaving they were letting off those small fireworks. The kids were impressed ofcoarse. LOL!

Sunday, was the actual 4th of July even though it didn't feel like it as much as Saturday did. I got up and cleaned (not much of that happening lately with being gone so much) and then when Andy got up we went for another family bike ride!! Woohoo!! It was really hot and I had to do some major convincing, but he went and we had fun. I pulled the kids for a short way at the end of the ride. Those kids are HEAVY! It feels as though someone is pulling you backwards as you are trying to peddle forwards. We are hoping to get Ella the attachement that makes the bike a tandum ride.

Sunday afternoon we went to Walmart to get Ella a new bike helmet and a water bottle for camp. Andy came with us. Then we all went to my sister's house for a family picnic and a dip in the pool. We are in the middle of a heat wave right now and it was HOT! Today it is supposed to reach 100 degrees and over with humitity. Yicks! The pool was so refreshing and Andy even went in for a short period. He likes to tell the kids he is afraid of water! LOL! Then we had a camp fire and roasted marshmellows. We all enjoyed smores except for Weston who really just likes the roasted marshmellows. Then the kids went bike/scooter riding on the road and driveway. This is a delight for my kids because we don't have a paved driveway to ride on. Weston did so great and was really enjoying himself. Scotty let off some fireworks that night too. Then we had to go home because my kids were fighting. Can we say OVERTIRED!! Plus, Ella had camp the next day, so she needed to get off to bed.

Monday, Ella's first day of girl scout camp!!! I'm so proud of my independent little girl. She was so excited and didn't mention being nervous once. She just got right on the bus and headed off to camp without a second glance. Her friend Kylie was on the bus so I was happy to know that she would know someone there. I went to my parents house after dropping her off so that Weston could say hi because my mom is on a mini-vaca this week. She ended up taking him for a few hours so I could go home and clean the house. AWESOME! I did a thourough cleaning. Cabinets, windows, carpets, doors, etc. I could have used a few days to get the whole thing done but it will do. Weston was quiet for the rest of the day and played nicely downstairs with his tractors so I was able to clean a little more. Then we picked Ella Belle up. She had a smile from ear to ear! Apparently they sing songs the bus ride up and back. I was worried about the long ride (50 min.), but she didn't seem to mind because they make it fun. Ofcoarse she forgot many things that happened during the day and I was dying to hear about EVERYTHING that went on. She kept singing the theme song all night long so I think she had a blast. The poor girl is going to be HOT today. I can't wait to hear how her second day went!

No comments:

Post a Comment