Saturday, July 17, 2010

Busy, exhausting, educational day

Thursday I thouroughly enjoyed leaving my children to go to work. Wednesday had done me in. Ella went to Kris's house before and after Rec. She had a fun time on her second day of Rec this summer. I also like that the kids have some time away from one another. It is good for the both of them. Weston seems to be enjoying Miss Kathy's too and hasn't had a problem going yet. I keep thinking he will be upset when we drop Ella off at a relatives house but he doesn't. Thursday evening we went to my parents to celebrate my dad's 63rd birthday. The kids ofcoarse had fun.

Yesterday was very very busy. I had planned on sticking around in the morning to get some housework completed and to kind of take a few seconds to relax (what was I thinking?). The kids had other plans however. Ella kept asking to go to the dinosaur museum. I really didn't want to spend the money, but then I looked online and found out it was only $17 for the three of us. Compeletly do-able. However, we did have a play date scheduled with Ella's BFF EVan at 1:00pm so we were going to cut it close by driving an hour away. It was still early enough to pack lunches, shower, and get us dressed and on the road so we...were....OFF!! The drive up there seemed to take forever! Atleast the children were quiet the whole way though. Phew!

We went to Yale Peabody Museum. The kids were mostly interested in the gift shop...ofcoarse! The weren't even that impressed with the huge dinosaur skeletons!!! That is what they have been asking to see for months now. Oh well. I thought they were amazing and we then decided to get the gift shop done with so they could concentrate on other things. Ella got dinosaur dangling earings and Weston got an egg that you put in water and it hatches a dinorsaur. Both were inexpensive. We then saw rocks, stuffed animals such as bears, deer, etc. They also had a discovery center were the kids could touch things. It was cool, but definetly something we'll have to go back and see in a few years when they are older to enjoy. I would have loved to read everything and learn more and I think Ella would have too if Weston would have waited.

We ate a picnic lunch on the lawn and then we...were....OFF!! Running late ofcoarse, so I had to call Evan's mom. Oh and I forgot my swim suit at home so we had to stop here first before Evan's house. We got to Evan's around 1:30pm and the kids played and mostly swam in the pool. The hot summer sun and the running around with no water had made me start to get a headache though and I was happy to leave around 3:30pm. Plus that afternoon lull you get into after being out in the sun all day. So we came home and relaxed for about an hour and then we...were...OFF!

Kristin and Doug had a picnic at their house. The children didn't really want to go but I reminded them that I had been doing things they wanted to do ALL day and it was my turn to relax and have fun with my friends. LOL! Luckily, Ella's friend Emma just moved down the road from Kristin and they were there as well. Then Missy showed up with Matt for Weston and other kids started showing up. This is one of my favorite parts of summer and I haven't had it yet. Picnics in which your children are completely entertained with their friends and you get to relax, sit around, and talk with your friends and family. It was perfect! Well other than some mild fights between Emma and Ella. It was really hot at first but as the sun set it became very comfortable. This was really the first picnic I had been too this year and usually at Kristin and Doug's events the other kids are younger than Ella. I have really missed being able to enjoy a picnic. It kind of makes me want to host one just so I can enjoy it again! LOL!

Today is Saturday and we are just chillin' at home for once. I think we all needed a little down time. Plus the house needed some attention. Andy should be home in a few hours and we might go to the mall were it is AC'd (its in the 90's again and humid!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment