Wednesday, July 14, 2010

NO FUN!!!

Today was no fun...at all! Okay, so we have been having SO much fun that I guess reality has to set in at some point but BOO!! Today we met with the nutritionist and social worker at CF clinic. Weston hasn't gained weight, but he did gain height and is still at the 50% mark so not SO bad. The children how ever were HORRIBLE in the office. I was mortified and remembered why I don't bring Ella with us to Dr.'s appointments. When does school start again? Ugh! Fighting, crying, yelling, whining, you name it they did it! We even brought things to keep them entertained but it just caused more fights. Oh and running out into the hall for hand sanitizer. Seriously stressful. Not that I needed extra stress because we have insurance issues and a child with CF who hasn't gained weight in over a year!

I did get a lot of helpful information about different recipes to boost up calories and we are doing bollus feeds before bed and during the day through the syringe. This sounds like a pain in the butt, but actually I can probably go to bed at a decent hour now instead of waiting for the pump to go off. It is a little hairy in scheduling it though because I did it after dinner but then I don't want to do vest therapy right afterwards and make him throw up. Just more added onto the plate, but if it gets him to gain weight than it will be worth it.

We packed a lunch and ate in the cafeteria at the hospital. Ella thought about how she could make it up to me (about how they acted at the visit) and decided that she was going to clean the house for me. I have yet to see this though! :) She did however wipe down the whole table with a wet one for the ladies who were going to sit there afterwards. I nice gesture!

Then to pick up dog food and diapers. Petco and Walmart. They still weren't listening that well, but my tolerance was also gone so whatever they did do irritated me. I was close to leaving them there (not really but I felt like I was). Then it was raining so I thought that swim would be canceled but no. So I was soaking wet and finally home and had to go back out! Atleast they were busy in the pool and that gave me some time to relax.

Then home. We made two milkshakes with extra fat. Weston didn't like either, Ella and I thought they were delicious. Ofcoarse! The home made pizza was a hit at least. Then a pasta salad with mayo, italian dressing, and chix (I know it sounds gross but the kid likes weird things and it was over 400 calories and 33 grams of fat) He hated it, so I had to go with plan B for lunch tomorrow. Then bollus feeds which he was fine with and said he didn't even feel it going into his stomach. Then he was STARVING again so I just made him lipton soup with crackers. Why is this kid still skinny?! I am SO ready for them to go to bed. I hate cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment