Saturday, June 16, 2012

Almost there....

While the kids have one more 1/2 day of school on Monday, I am in summer mode. Yesterday I had Brady for the day, as his school got out on Wednesday. Since it was our special 1:1 time together we went to Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods to ride and video tape elevators. Then we ate out at California Pizza Kitchen. Yum! We also went to the dollar store and I let him pick out some prizes for the prize box. This way he can earn tickets for good behavior when I have all three of the kids at the same time. I am hoping this makes Fridays a little easier. :) Then last night, we kicked off our fun summer season with a trip to the drive-inn movies to see Madagascar III. We stocked up on snacks and packed the Suburban up with blankets and pillows. The kids loved it. I forgot how uncomfortable the back seat can be. I think next time we need a air mattress. We haven't been in a couple of years and I remember now that the movie starts so late that we don't get home until 11:30. This was the first time the kids were actually awake for the movie. They loved it and had a blast. Andy and I were tired, but it was a nice treat. Speaking of air mattresses, we booked a overnight next Saturday at Salt Rock Campground. The family we met last year in New Hampshire is camping there next weekend and so the kids can play together. When Andy heard about this his response was, "Have fun." I guess he doesn't plan on sleeping in a tent with us. I figured it is only one night, so we can deal. :) I def. will need an air mattress though. Especially after the experience last night. I am so looking forward to the kids being out of school. This is the opposite of how I usually feel, but because of school and how busy the last year has been I am so much looking forward to fun with the kids. Next week we will have ice cream on Monday. Tuesday they will be with my sister. Wednesday, I believe we will sign up for the summer reading program at the library and go strawberry picking. Then maybe make chocolate covered strawberries. Thurs, they will be with my dad. Friday, I am hoping for our first beach day. Then Sat. and Sun. we will be at the campground. I think it will be a fun filled week. Uh oh, I still have two papers to write by June 28th. Hmmm...I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment