Monday, June 18, 2012

Summertime...funner time!

This weekend has shaped up to be a great start to summer vacation. To bad the kids still have one 1/2 day left of school. Today they go into school as a kindergartner and a third grader, they will come out a first and fourth grader. These years sure do fly by. That is why I am trying to enjoy every minute of the ones we have. Saturday we had my friend's baby's first birthday party. It was HOT! The kids enjoyed the bouncy house and took a dip in a baby pool. I got to catch up with some friends which is always a plus for me. That night Andy built a fire pit with rocks and we started a camp fire. The kids made smores, and then because of the sugar they got very silly. We took some crazy pictures of ourselves, but then it was time for bed. Yesterday was father's day. We (I) made Andy breakfast in bed. Which consisted of scrambled eggs, toast, pancakes, hashbrowns, and sausage. The kids love doing that as a tradition on Mother's day and Father's day (this year I opted out as I am trying to watch what I eat). In the afternoon, we left for Mammy and Poppy's house for a father's day lunch. Nana and Pa went as well. The kids had a blast riding bikes in the driveway and Aunt Anne taught them how to sew. They loved it. Will and Ben ended up showing up later in the day so they got to play with their cousins which they are always excited about. I received a gift from Mammy. It is a Alex and Ani bracelet that 20% of the proceeds go towards families with CF. It is a shark fin and signifies stability, strength, and courage. I love it! While we were at their house, the air show was taking place so we got to see some military jets flying overhead. That was a nice plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment