Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Whoop, Whoop! It is officially summer vacation!

It is here again! When I sent them off yesterday I gave them each a last Kindergartner and third grader hug. Weston remembered to give me my first, first grader hug in the afternoon (love that boy). I got to enjoy a nice breakfast with some of the other moms while the kids were at school. It was really nice as always, but it will now be kid time all the time. After I picked Ella up at school and Weston up at daycare we headed over to Buttonwoods and had our ice cream. I really love this tradition. I skipped lunch so that I could afford those delicious calories, and boy were they yummy! We had to go back to the school to get Ella's report card because she forgot it. Weston got Mrs. Bettini for first grade and Ella got Mrs. Lalima for fourth. They were both disappointed until Weston found out Max was in his class. The cute part was Ella calling all her friends and asking them who they had. You can tell she doesn't talk on the phone often. At one point I heard her say "So what do you want to talk about now?" LOL. In the early evening, I went to walk the track with Missy while the kids played on the playground. For the most part they had fun, although as usual Matt and Ella seemed to be ganging up on Weston. He would complain every time we made our way around the track. It was good for Missy and I though. On the way home we got McDonalds for the kids (I had a salad...no need for extra cals yesterday). They were able to play outside until bedtime. The best part, no lunches or homework to do and make!! Whoop, whoop! Off to a great summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment